Mark only one planet as unavailable?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Wilwa
Novice Crafter

Mark only one planet as unavailable?

Post by Wilwa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:23 am

I have been manually adding the new resources and marking the old despawned resources as unavailable. In my fourth planet in, I noticed a resource that I *thought* I marked as despawned on just 1 planet actually marked it as despawned on all planets. I am either overlooking how to mark it as unavailable for just one planet or it's not possible to do it manually. I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer. :(

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Mark only one planet as unavailable?

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 am

The way spawning and despawning works in SWG, a resource that goes out of spawn on one planet, goes out of spawn on all of them. So marking a resource "unavailable" removes it from all planets, not just one.

I hated it when SOE used to say this, but - it is working as intended.

If you ever accidentally mark a resource as unavailable, you can let me know and I can fix it. Though you should be able to fix it yourself, but if you are ever having trouble...

Wilwa
Novice Crafter

Post by Wilwa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:37 am

OK cool, that makes sense - I appreciate the reply! I had six that I had marked as unavailable and though I've got just a couple of planets left to check that seems to be consistent on all but one resource. I'm thinking that my outlier resource, Gamewa, was erroneously marked as available on Rori, when in fact it maybe never was, as I found it still available on 5 other planets so far.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:42 pm

What server?

I see from another post that you are on Basilisk.

Gamewa is an inert gas and will be on 8 planets total. Comparing what we have to what GH has, I would say you are right it was not on Rori.
If you were the one who added Gamwa to Rori, you would see you have an option to "Remove" it. The user adding has the options to edit or remove their own errors. If someone else erroneously added Gamewa to Rori, that would be when you need to notify me. As an admin I can edit and remove any resource.
I suspect you are confusing the "Remove" feature with the "unavailable" feature.