cant select profile

Moderator: Forum Moderator

sirbammm
Novice Crafter

cant select profile

Post by sirbammm » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 am

Hi, ive just come back to SWGEmu and just reinstalled everything, but I just cant seem to select a profile, ive looked on the boards here and cant seem to find an answer.
Im running Windows 7 64bit.
I have noticed that my chatlogs seem to be getting saved in the format of 275846281651253_chatlog , rather than a name.
I have moved my swg installation onto a diferent drive so it is no longer admin protected,but that didn't help either
I just cannot for the life of me figure this out so any help would be apreciated.

NadunHagar
Novice Crafter

Re: cant select profile

Post by NadunHagar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:53 pm

What do you mean you cant select a profile? Are you talking about while you are in SWGAide, you dont see your characters show up? Make sure when you run SWGAide for the first time that when you are selecting the SWG game directory in step one that you choose the SWGEmu folder, not your original SWG folder otherwise it will not find your profiles. If that location is correct, Ive also noticed you have to close and relaunch SWGAide a few times to get your account/server/character list to show up.

Liath Vegnus
Novice Crafter

Post by Liath Vegnus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:25 pm

I am getting this same issue as well and it persists regardless of how many times I relaunch SWGAide. Any other ideas for me?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 am

Liath Vegnus wrote:I am getting this same issue as well and it persists regardless of how many times I relaunch SWGAide. Any other ideas for me?
Can you send me your profiles folder? My e-mail is Sobuno here at swgcraft.org

Liath Vegnus
Novice Crafter

Post by Liath Vegnus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:00 am

just sent it out

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:35 am

Liath Vegnus wrote:just sent it out
In order for SWGAide to recognize a character, there needs to be a mailfolder for it in the profiles/<Account name>/<Server name>/ folder. This is obtained by doing a /mailsave ingame with the given character (or by creating the folder manually; structure is mail_<Character name>, i.e. mail_Sobuno). After this folder is created, you should be able to see your character under the given server.

I did discover a bug in SWGAide when looking at this though; turns out SWGAide doesn't handle servers with spaces in their names correctly when it comes to fetching the resources from SWGCraft. The resource files have spaces replaced by underscores, which SWGAide currently does not handle. I will upload a new version later this week or next week that fixes this problem.

Liath Vegnus
Novice Crafter

Post by Liath Vegnus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 am

Sweet, thanks for the info.

Edit: Tried this out and doesn't even show the originally reported information. Does not show character information at all just shows SWG now.

Edit 2: Probably because the other mentioned issue with spaces in server names. Maybe it's affecting other behavior as well? Not just SWGCraft resource pulling?

Edit 3: Dug in a little deeper and noticed the file path is ....SWGEmu/SWGEmu/Profiles/<my profile name>/Reckoning Server/<character info>. I'm thinking it's hitting the same issue it was hitting with the SWGCraft resource information pulling.

Liath Vegnus
Novice Crafter

Post by Liath Vegnus » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:38 am

Okay, I relocated SWGAide directly to the SWGEmu directory and it now reports info properly. Just looking forward to the new version that takes care of the spaces in the server name issue and all set.

Thanks for the assist Sobuno!