Where is everyone

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Where is everyone

Post by Memnoc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 am

Hey people how is swg and how is the game doing. Sorry I've not been on for a bit. I've been playing eve online waiting for a new crafting mmo to come out. Has anyone been keeping an eye on the new star wars and what can anyone tell me about the crafting.

Memnoc

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:40 am

Memnoc wrote:Hey people how is swg and how is the game doing. Sorry I've not been on for a bit. I've been playing eve online waiting for a new crafting mmo to come out. Has anyone been keeping an eye on the new star wars and what can anyone tell me about the crafting.

Memnoc
Hi M, long time no see, the better to see you now :D

SWG is doing OK ... or better I guess. Players come and go as they do in any game but it seems SWG keeps itself afloat and I often meet absolute newbies at ME when they hop around like confused chickens chased by some scary fox ... unless they just do the Legacy 8)

What can I say, for combateers there are more than enough of content ... and time-sinks.
PvP-ers do battlefields and invasions all day long ... if not else so for the tokens which they use to buy high end items. Now this also gives nice badges and recognitions if you manage to score in at the leader boards.
The many dozens of collections keep badge hunters occupied, plus some give nice rewards.
Repeatable instances that in the end sums up to nice jewelry for suits, plus other rewards.

Crafters can now take part in invasions and earn coins --- in battlefields too but just as hated meat-fillers.
A buffed crafter with a good gun, suit, and a guardian droid now do well in combat all up to CL90 ... but no heals.

Crafting-wise ... not so much news to speak of ... depending on when you last was playing. When was that? Some new schematics but nothing to go crazy for I guess, some bugs are fixed, some minor but wanted fixes, ... . All in all crafters have a place in SWG:
WS can upgrade looted/reward weapons to better state
AS beat almost anything else
RE gives SEAs and PUPs (but is an utterly boring occupation ... not to speak of hoarding the junk loot)
Chefs sell well of the stuff that is asked for ... as they always have
DE got a boost with the droid-update ... but still not up to its full potential
DE-Cyber ... cannot say really ... either this branch is not really viable ... or its full potential is still unknown
Archies has never been a bad idea ... in spite of TCG/reward structures they do well
SW are busy as long as the Pilot profession is heated ... and it seems it still is
BM are on the other hand a popular profession which asks for high-end components from all other professions

As you see I did not mention
Tailor ... probably a pure tailor is not very profitable, there is a market but ... limited ... see RE

If you consider a master Chronicler a profession, yeah then there is something new. There is a huge difference between putting together a waste holocron while leveling up and tailoring an awesome scheme to be used by players that use them for the sought-after silver and gold tokens. The best Chroniclers are whispered about and earn reputation ... thing is, they do not sell the holocrons but they also get silver and gold coins as other players complete their tailored quests. But to earn the more the quests must be well tailored ... which sadly means: quickly finished without waiting times or split up by unwanted traveling >> no fancy galaxy trips even if ever so nicely written or if they get you to places hardly heard of :(

Hmm, I guess that is it ... I kind of lose track when I play all the time and the news and novelties pass by into oblivion 8)

Cheers
Zimoon

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:23 am

Hey everyone and thanks Zimoon for the info. SWG seems to be in a stalemate SOE might be waiting too see what happens when the new star wars is released ( server population) wise. So I've been playing Eve online for almost a years straight and I've been thinking of giving Final Fantasy XIV a try. Let me know if anyone on this forum is still here and if they are interested in trying it.

Allurbase
Novice Crafter

Post by Allurbase » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:40 pm

SWG to Vanguard to Tabula Rasa (man, I miss that game) to Vanguard back to stay at SWG. Amazed with what they've done since I quit after the NGE hit. It's still not the original game, but I like a lot of what they've done (and I'm glad they really haven't touched space that much. Let's hope they keep it that way, given the complete overhaul record they've had [CU, NGE] so far).

Oh, flirted with LOTRO, Conan and that "A" game, but all almost not worth mentioning. Looking forward to TOR, but the space flight looks atrocious.
AllUrBase ArBelongTuoUs
DoM - Defenders of Monkeys
Card-carrying member of the Non-Factors' Alliance
Don't /quitlife, /respec instead

IGN Allurbase or Androh - Vendors: DoM Mart
SW of Mos Eisley, wp 2684 -5300 (Chilastra)

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 pm

I've been playing for almost a year I thought maybe FFXIV would be a new change. But many reviews are coming back sour. So I'm looking around for a new mmo and maybe just maybe (Rift: Planes of Telara) could be it. Let me know what you people think and its good to be home again.